AWE Research and Development has crafted a spectrum of RS5 exhausts, ranging from sophisticated performance to all-out-attention-grabbing. These systems are one-of-a-kind masterpieces, hand crafted one-by-one at AWE Tuning headquarters.
Touring Edition, Track Edition and Track Extreme Exhaust Highlights
- Featuring AWE180 Technology®
- Specific fitments for both the Coupe and Cabriolet models
- Engineered, developed, tested, and hand built in-house at AWE Tuning
- Dyno proven max gains of 8 horsepower and 16 ft-lb of torque at the crank
- Crafted from mandrel bent 2.5” T-304 Stainless Steel
- Integrates seamlessly into the stock bumper cutouts
- Features x-pipe design for enhanced exhaust scavenging
Sound Perfection: AWE180 Technology®
As exhaust gases exit the 4.2L engine and flow into an AWE180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves re-join the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on AWE180 Technology® in the tab above.