Eight generations of fast. Presenting the AWE Catback Exhaust Suite for the Mk8 GTI:
- The first ever AWE Exhaust Suite for a GTI to feature patented drone-canceling 180 Technology®
- Available as the sophisticated, drone-free Touring Edition or aggressive Track Edition
- Handcrafted from CNC mandrel-bent 3″ and 2.5″ U.S.-sourced .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- Features a slip-fit inlet adapter for perfect factory downpipe fitment while leaving an open 3” connection
- 5” double-walled slash-cut tips available in chrome silver or diamond black
- Individually adjustable tip outlets for ease of installation
- Strong low & mid-range torque gains with factory DP and software
- Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
- Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
- Conversion kits make it easy to swap between editions so you always have options
- Manufactured in-house at AWE
- AWE No CEL Guarantee
- AWE Perfect Fitment Guarantee
- AWE Lifetime Warranty
Introducing the first AWE Exhaust for the VW GTI to ever feature patented drone-canceling 180 Technology®. The Touring Edition features a 3” inlet complete with an adapter to accommodate the factory downpipe perfectly while leaving an open 3” connection. A bespoke straight-through mid-pipe resonator was designed specifically for the Mk8 to enable a deep, hearty tone both down low and up high no matter the transmission or where you decide to shift in the rev range.
In the center resides the AWE’s patented 180 Technology® resonator responsible for maintaining straight-through performance while decimating drone-prone frequencies. Thanks to the design and construction of 180 Technology® resonators, the internals will not break down and degrade over time causing tone change. Just full-bodied, drone rumble for life from the point of installation.
This configuration provides the best ratio of interior refinement and exterior rumble on the market (and yes, you can still hear the noises produced from Sport mode).
Perfect tone, compliments of AWE 180 Technology®.
As exhaust gases exit the engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies.