A5 Research and Development has yielded an exhaust and downpipe that is remarkably civil while idling / part throttle cruising, but unleashed at full throttle it produces what some have called a “war-cry wail.” Sophisticated, refined, and powerful, all in one package.
- Featuring AWE Tuning 180 Technology™
- Crafted from mandrel bent T-304 Stainless Steel
- Dyno proven gains of +8-9 Horsepower and +6-7 lb ft of torque at the crank
- Available with Chrome Silver Tips
- Engineered, developed and tested in-house
- Lifetime Exhaust Warranty
Making good, better
The stock exhaust system on a B8.5 A5 is full of crimped tubing that impedes exhaust flow and robs horsepower. The AWE Tuning B8.5 A5 2.0T Touring Edition Exhaust is designed using CAD modeling software to produce smooth gradual bends and to eliminate any interruption to the flow of exhaust gasses. Our improvements to the exhaust path result in gains of 8-9 horsepower and 6-7 lb ft of torque at the crank.
Sound Perfection: AWE Tuning 180 Technology™
As exhaust gases exit the 2.0L Turbo engine and flow into an AWE Tuning 180 Technology™ equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves re-join the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies.
AWE Tuning A5 Touring Edition Exhaust – Quad Outlet (Four total tips, two on each side)
The quad tip version of our A5 Touring Edition exhaust features four 90mm (3.50 inch) slash cut tips, located on each side of the car. As with all the systems, each tip is available in Chrome Silver plating. The tips sport engraved AWE Tuning logos and are double-walled to ensure a mirror polish, even under hard usage. Each tip is individually adjustable, so stagger and depth into bumper can be set according to personal taste. This system will not work with the factory valence and requires the purchase of a conversion kit as follows if you have an S-Line car:
- Non S-Line Cars: The Quad Tip system will not fit a Non S-Line car.
- S-Line Cars: Order the Quad Tip Bumper Conversion Kit – for S-Line Cars, which comes complete with everything you need to convert your S-Line car to accept an AWE Tuning quad tip exhaust.